Seventh-day Adventists Believe...
THE CHURCH IS A SAFE HAVEN FOR SPIRITUAL HEALING AND GROWTH
The Seventh-day Adventist Church is one of many Christian denominations. The name comes from the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath and a belief in the second coming (advent) of Jesus. The Bible is the source of our Christian beliefs. Adventists attend church on Saturday – joining together for worship, for fellowship and for Bible study.
The Adventist Church welcomes all people to its worship services. The most important function of the church is to reveal and demonstrate the character of God, who is love, in our teachings and in our lives and to proclaim hope for people in a troubled world.
- There is only one God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – an eternal unity of the three Persons.
- Christ is the Eternal Son of God, through whom all things were created and through whom the character of God is revealed. Christ offered Himself as a living sacrifice, died as mankind’s Substitute on the Cross, was resurrected and ascended to heaven where He is interceding for us. He will come a second time to gather the redeemed from the earth.
- The Holy Spirit, in harmony with Scripture, leads to all truth, indwells within His children and transforms their lives.
- The Bible, as the divinely inspired Word of God, reveals God’s character and purposes, is the source of our faith and records God’s acts in history.
- We believe in the Biblical account of creation. God made everything—the heavens, the earth and sea and every living thing. His creation was glorious and perfect in every detail. His crowning act of creation was man and woman, Adam and Eve, created out of love and given the freedom to obey or disobey God.
- When Adam and Eve chose to disobey God, they experienced the effects of sin—separation from a holy God, sin, guilt, wickedness and death. The effects of sin would be felt by every person born on earth. “The wages of sin is death, but eternal life is a gift of God”.God's law reveals His perfect character while at the same time revealing our sinful nature. It convicts us of our sin and need of a Savior.
- God provided Christ as the only means of salvation. This salvation is given as a gift of grace to anyone who by faith accepts Him as their personal Savior. The law of God is also an expression of His love and will for the benefit of mankind. It is given by God as a basis for mankind to experience peace, joy and satisfaction in their relationship with God and with each other.
We are justified by faith. Through the Holy Spirit, the law is placed on our hearts and our obedience to the law is revealed in our love for the Lord and concern for our fellow human beings. The second coming of Christ will be literal, personal, and worldwide. At the Second Coming the righteous will be resurrected and together with the living righteous will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. Until the resurrection, the dead are in a state of total unconsciousness. The wicked will be destroyed, and sin will arise no more.We will experience eternal life with God as He originally designed.
For a more detailed explanation of our beliefs, please visit
or send an email to Pastor Gary Taber at email@example.com